Genesee Fieldhouse Adult Soccer Leagues intend to follow the rules set forth by the USSF (FIFA), with the following stipulations.
- The following payment guidelines will be strictly followed. Each team that registers for league play must have at least $400 paid by their 1st game AND PAYMENT IN FULL at their 2nd Any team that carries a balance beyond the above stated deadlines will incur a $50 late fee and/or will be removed from the schedule. Team captains should advise all players of these rules and that there is no such thing as “having paid their portion” if there is a team balance outstanding. This is a team fee and everyone must pay their portion OR MORE until the team is paid in full. All fees collected are non-refundable.
- Prior to taking the field, all players must completely fill out and sign the Team Waiver/Roster Form. If a challenged player has not completed that teams waiver form, then he is an ineligible player and a.) can’t play for that team and b.) If he has been on the field for that team during the game when the clock was running he is an illegal player and that team must forfeit that game. Team sanctions will only occur if a player eligibility challenge is made before or during a game. Player sanctions may occur if a player eligibility challenge is made on the same day of the game in which the infraction occurred.
- Any player that plays for a team and is not age appropriate will cause that team to forfeit all games he participated in. In order to be age appropriate, a player must be at least 18 years old by that team’s first league game for the open division. In order to be age appropriate: for the 30 & Over Division, a player must be at least 30 years old, except one 25and over player is allowed per team. Ages are effective on or before December 31st of the current calendar year. If a player eligibility challenge is made based on not being age appropriate, then the player must provide proof of age (birth certificate or driver’s license) to the league administrator by that teams next scheduled game. Failure to do so and/or playing as an age inappropriate player will be subject to suspensions of 2 games or more.
- There may be two divisions in 8 V 8 Adult Soccer League(s). Players may only play for one team per division and may not sign up on more than one divisions team waiver/roster form. Players who do not conform to this rule and any team involved in “double rostering” are subjected to disciplinary action including player suspensions of 2 games or more, team forfeiture of game(s) and possible expulsion from the league based on a review of the infraction(s) by the league administrator.
- Roster limit for Men’s 8 v 8 is 16 players and rosters are final at the 2nd game. If your team has injuries, players may be added to your roster for an additional $25 registration fee per player, to be paid before they take the field and subject to league administrator approval and the player having completed the team’s waiver/roster form. This transfer fee is non-refundable and only takes affect if your roster is full. No players may be added once play-offs begin, the night of positional play or if there is an outstanding team balance.
- A proper player eligibility challenge may only be made by a team captain or Genesee Fieldhouse employee and as outline above.
- Referees will identify the team captain for each team prior to the start of the game(s). Teams will switch ends/direction at halftime.
- Additional Soccer Rules
- The offside rule will not be enforced in any of the 8v8 Men’s league sessions. Poaching will not be allowed. Poaching is defined as any pass coming from inside the top of the defensive 18 yard line extended to each touch line to a teammate with a first touch inside the top of the offensive penalty box line extended.
- Substitutions will be “on the fly” from the center line and unlimited.
- All league games are running clock with two 25 minute halves. Extra time may be added in accordance with FIFA law 7 at the referee’s discretion. Any game may be ended early by the referees for the safety of the participants. If a game is ended early, either or both teams may forfeit the game, after input from the officials
- Any kicked or thrown ball that touches any of the netting along the side of the playing surface, or the top of the dome, will result in a loss of possession at the closest corresponding point on the field as determined by the referee, but always outside and to the side of the penalty box, and if a free kick is awarded it will be indirect.
- If an object enters the field of play (another ball, person,etc.) that in the opinion of the referee results in an unfair advantage for one of the teams, play will be stopped & restarted from the point where the interruption began with a drop ball kick.
- A. In all adult league games, the goalkeeper is not allowed to punt or drop kick the ball past the center line. The keeper may throw the ball past the center line. If the keeper does punt or drop kicks the ball past the center line, the result will be an indirect kick from the center line for the opposing team. There is no restriction on a goal kick from the goal box in 8V8 format (except poaching rule).
B. Kickoffs and corner kicks for 8V8 adult games will be indirect.
All penalty kicks outside the penalty box area in 8V8 adult league games will be indirect (2 touch).
D. The “buffer zone” for all free kicks between the kicker and defenders will be 8 yards rather than 10 for all games.
E. Goalkeepers may NOT use their hands on ANY ball kicked into, or on a throw-in, thrown directly into the penalty box area by a teammate.
F. No slide tackles are allowed in 8V8 adult games. The keeper will exempt from this rule only if they slide and attempt to make a “save” on the ball. “cleats up” is unacceptable from all players.
- A team that has at least 5 rostered players in 8V8 will be considered a full team. If the team has less than the prescribed number of players, the referees are allowed to delay the game by 5 minutes past the listed start time, at which point the clock must begin. If additional players have not shown up, the team that has less than 5 players in 8V8 will forfeit the game 1-0. The players may play a non-league scrimmage game if a forfeit occurs, but referee supervision will not be required. Forfeited games will not be made up.
- Red Cards & Yellow Cards
- All yellow and red cards will be reviewed by the Genesee Fieldhouse league administrators on a per case basis.
- Anyone that is issued a red card is immediately ejected from the game & may receive an additional one game suspension. If the red card is issued for a “serious foul”, “abusive language”, or “violent conduct”, they will be suspended for two games or more. Anyone that receives 2 yellows or a straight red card at any game MUST LEAVE the competition area in a timely manner when asked to do so (The team captain will have 2 minutes to get them to comply or that team will forfeit the game). Team captains must give carded players’ names to the referee.
- Any player who compiles three yellow cards in the same session will be suspended 1 game and may be subject to further sanctions.
- A 2nd red card in a session will result in at least a 2 game suspension or more.
- If a player receives a red card or a 2nd yellow card in the same game, that player’s team will play short the rest of the game. A player that receives a yellow card must sit out for 5 minutes before reentering the game (substitution allowed).
- A player that receives 3 yellow cards in a session will be suspended 1 game on their next scheduled play date. Any additional yellow cards in the same session will result in another game suspension for each yellow, with a review by the League Administrator starting with the 4th, and all subsequent yellows, regarding additional sanctions up to and including suspension from the league.
- Game suspensions may carry over into the next session.
- Suspended individual(s) are allowed to attend game(s) for which they are suspended, but can not play. Any problems, distractions, or issues that occur involving a suspended player will cause their team to forfeit and the player to receive additional sanctions.
- A referee’s judgment call made on the field will stand and cannot be protested!
- Team Color Conflicts
- If two teams have similar uniform colors, the home team (team listed 1st on the schedule) is responsible for changing their shirt color. Teams are encouraged to bring alternate jerseys to games when listed as the home team.
- Player/Spectator Conduct
- Any player or spectator that consumes alcohol before an athletic activity will not be allowed to play or enter the dome or be in the outdoor “competition area” as determined by a referee or league administrator. SMOKING is NOT allowed inside the facility. Also, be aware that alcohol, smoking, and other items may be prohibited at some or all of the outside venues rented for use by the league. Facility rules at all venues must be observed.
- Genesee Fieldhouse reserves the right to change or modify any league rule at any time in the best interests of our customers. In the event of a rules change, this information will be provided to all team captains & will be posted on our website geneseefieldhouse.com