Genesee Fieldhouse Soccer League Rules
Genesee Fieldhouse is an indoor facility, thus during snow, rain, and other weather related events outside of our control, games may go on. We will cancel games for the safety of our customers, if weather events become dangerous. However, since we are not in control of the weather, no refunds, discounts, or credits will be offered due to weather related conditions. We will do our best to reschedule any canceled game. Game times and days may not match the typical time frame, but we will make it available as an option, where possible. If a game time/day is not agreeable by both parties or not available, the recorded score will be a 0-0 tie for each team.
Prior to your game beginning, please pay your portion of the referee fee:
7 v 7 - $7.00 per game
9 v 9 - $15.00 per game
11 v 11 - $20.00 per game
Men’s 8 v 8 - $20.00 per game
Adult Coed 8 v 8 - $15.00 per game
Registration Requirements and Payment
All Teams playing at Genesee Fieldhouse before taking the Field for their 1st Game must have:
- Full Payment, a Registration Fee down payment or a Credit Card Guarantee on file at the Office.
- Each Team must have signed waivers for all participants submitted to the Office. Anyone that participates in any Genesee Fieldhouse activity that has not submitted a signed Genesee Fieldhouse waiver will be considered trespassing. Said player(s) will have to leave the premises and may cause the offending Team to forfeit game(s).
- a. Any unpaid balance must be paid at your Teams 2nd game. After the 2nd Game, Any Unpaid Balance(s) will be Processed using the Credit Card On File. Your Team may be Removed from the Schedule before the 3rd game if a means for full restitution has not been arranged. All Fees are non-refundable.
- Returned checks will be charged $25.00 per instance / item. The minimum Credit Card payment is $20.00. Credit Card payments less than $20.00 will incur a $2.00 Processing Fee.
- Teams Registering for Leagues and Tournaments are bound to the days / times assigned. Schedules are not final until the date of that Session’s 1st game, and are subject to change. Please check the Schedule on our web-site (www.geneseefieldhouse.com) for the most up to date information. If your team is affected by a schedule change, a game cancellation and when Teams’ 1st games are assigned, we will notify the Team contact listed on your Team’s Registration form by e-mail or phone. We will do our best to notify everyone in a timely manner. Games will be rescheduled in a timely manner whenever possible. Game conflicts that are listed on the Team Registration Form or submitted in writing (e-mail email@example.com ) at least 2 weeks prior to the first possible play date will be accommodated to the best of our ability. There is no guarantee that all conflicts can be avoided. For complete information, go to "Youth League Procedures & Schedules / Game Change Policy" under the "Facility and League Rules" Tab.
- Mission Statement - Genesee Fieldhouse Soccer Leagues purpose is to promote, teach, and play soccer in a fun, safe, professional environment. All coaches should read these rules, as we intend to play the outdoor game indoors. Please note we do not allow solicitation or distribution of materials (or player recruitment) without expressed prior consent from management. See “Facility Rules” also found under “Facility and League Rules” on our web-site www.geneseefieldhouse.com . Genesee Fieldhouse Soccer Leagues intend to follow the rules set forth by the USSF and FIFA, with the following stipulations.
III. General Rules and Information (Applies to All Soccer Leagues)
- Teams may use only the game field for pre-game warm-up when the previous game ends. Do not use balls or any portion of the field while another game is taking place. Failure to observe this rule may result in ball confiscation until you leave the facility or removal from the premises and / or schedule.
- 5 v 5 teams will have a maximum roster of 10 players per team, 6 V 6 teams will have a maximum roster of 12 players, 7 V 7 teams will have a maximum of 14 players, 8 V 8 teams will have a maximum of 16 players, 9 V 9 teams will have a maximum of 18 players, and 11 V 11 teams will have a maximum of 22 players, unless an exception is approved by Genesee Fieldhouse management.
- Management reserves the right to verify a participant’s age (copies of birth certificates or driver’s license may be required if a participants age is challenged). Youth players are allowed to play up in age, but not down. Players are not allowed to play on two teams within the same division.
- All (FIELD)HOUSE youth players must be given equal playing time, so each participant can have an active role in the teams development.
- Any kicked or thrown ball that touches any of the netting along the side of the playing surface, or the top of the dome, will result in a loss of possession at the closest corresponding point on the field as determined by the referee, but always outside and to the side of the penalty box, and if a free kick is awarded, it will be indirect.
- If an object enters the field of play (another ball, person, etc.) that in the opinion of the referee results in an unfair advantage for one of the teams, play will be stopped and restarted from the point where the interruption began with a drop ball kick.
- When a ball leaves the field over a touch line during game play, the game will be restarted by a throw-in nearest the spot where the ball crossed the touch line.
- All League games are running clock with two 25 minute halves. Extra time may be added at the referees discretion in accordance with FIFA Law 7.
- Only 3 coaches / managers total and players are allowed at the team's "bench area" at any time during a league game.
- Players are not allowed to wear jewelry (Rings, Necklaces, Watches, Bracelets, Earrings, Eyebrow ring, etc.) while playing. Also, players are not allowed to chew gum during a game. If a referee, Genesee Fieldhouse Staff, or opposing team coach views a player with either, the game will be stopped until that player complies with the rules. TELL YOUR PLAYERS - NO GUM, SUNFLOWER SEEDS OR JEWELRY.
- Substitutions will be unlimited for all leagues. Substitutions will be allowed when either team has a throw-in, and for both teams before goals kicks, corner kicks, after goals, injury time outs and half time, as long as the players are ready to enter from the center line without holding up the game (except Adult Leagues). Coaches must refrain from occupying the "substitution area" near the center of the field.
- Only Genesee Fieldhouse can cancel a game. Coaches cannot cancel a game due to lack of team participation or unforeseen events. Teams that do not have a minimum: 4 players for 6 V 6, 5 players for 7 V 7, 5 players for 8 V 8, 6 players for
9 V 9 or 7 players for 11 V 11, will forfeit the game. Teams that do have the minimum number of players must begin their games at the scheduled start times (a 5 minute “grace” period will be granted when it is possible).
- If two teams have similar uniform colors, the home team, listed first on the schedules, must change. Teams are encouraged to bring alternate jerseys to games when listed as the home team. Genesee Fieldhouse will try to provide pinnies to the home team as needed, but can not guarantee availability at all times.
- Red Cards & Yellow Cards
- Players or coaches issued a Red Card are immediately ejected from the game and may receive a one game suspension. If the Red Card is issued for a "serious foul", "abusive language", or "violent conduct", the player or coach may be suspended for two games or more and MUST LEAVE the competition area in a timely manner or risk game forfeiture.
- Any player or coach receiving a second Yellow Card in the same game will also receive an automatic red card and will be ejected from the game. A 2nd red card in a session will result in a review with a 2 or more games suspension.
- If any coach or player is found to have participated in a game when suspended, that game will be forfeited.
- In Adult Leagues only, if a player receives a red card or a 2nd yellow in the same game, that player’s team will play short for the remainder of the game.
- A player that receives a yellow card must sit out for 5 minutes before reentering the game. In Adult Men’s League Only, this players’ Team will play down a player until the other Team scores or the 5 minutes is up, whichever occurs first.
- All yellow and red cards will be reviewed by the Genesee Fieldhouse League Administrators on a per case basis.
- 5 v 5, 6 v 6 & 7 v 7 Soccer Leagues
- A Youth goal kick is made by the keeper from anywhere inside the Penalty Box by either a punt or a drop kick, or throw (there is no goal box in (5 v 5, 6 v 6 or 7 v 7). In Womens Leagues, a goal kick is made by the keeper from the actual goal line. Keeper Punt & Drop Kick Restriction Rule - The Keeper may not Punt or Drop Kick the ball in the air over the center line without a touch by a Field player. Result of doing so is loss of possession with an indirect free kick from center line. This Rule will be enforced for all 5 v 5 & Womens 6 v 6 Leagues. This Rule will Not apply to U7 - U10 (6 v 6 & 7 v 7) Leagues or on Goal Kicks from the goal box or actual goal line.
- The offside rule will Not be enforced. Poaching will Not be allowed in 5 v 5 & Womens Leagues. Poaching is defined as any pass coming from inside the defensive penalty box (18 yard line extended to both touch lines) with a first touch by a teammate inside the top of the offensive penalty box line extended. Result of this infraction is a goal kick for the opposing Team. The Poaching rule will Not be enforced in U7 - U10 (6 v 6 & 7 v 7) Leagues.
- Kickoffs, corner kicks and fouls that are whistled (except for Penalty kicks v the Keeper) will be indirect kicks (2 touch).
- Throw ins made directly to that Teams’ Keeper may Not be picked up. In U7 - U10 (6 v 6 & 7 v 7), any field player may play the ball to the Keeper who may pick up the ball inside their Penalty Box. In High School 5 v 5 & Womens’ 6 v 6, if a field player on the Keepers’ Team plays the ball into the Penalty Box, the Keeper can Not pick up the ball.
- Teams will change direction on the field at half time.
- The "buffer zone" for all free kicks between the kicker and defenders will be 8 yards rather than 10 yards.
- No slide tackles are allowed. Keeper is exempt from this sliding Rule only if they are trying to make a save on the ball.
- In U7 - U10 (6 v 6 & 7 v 7), the recorded final score will not exceed an 8 goal differential between the 2 Teams.
- In U7 - U10 (6 v 6 & 7 v 7), when one Team trails the other by 6 goals or more, they may put in one additional field player. Should this goal differential shrink to 4 goals, they must remove this additional field player.
- In High School 5 v 5, a player will not be allowed to physically dominate another player.
- In Womens Leagues, Free Substitutions are allowed from the center of the Field. A player that has been “subbed out” but is still on the field may not play the ball. Result of doing so is an indirect free kick from that spot for the opposing team.
- 8 v 8, 9 v 9 & 11 v 11 Soccer Leagues
- U11 / U12 (9 v 9) & U13 - U18 (11 v 11) will utilize outdoor travel Rules, that includes the use of slide tackles, off sides will be called, Kickoffs & Corner kicks will be direct.
- In All 8 v 8, & 9 v 9 Leagues, the Keeper Punt & Drop Kick Restriction Rule Will be enforced. The Keeper may not Punt or Drop Kick the ball in the air over the center line without a touch by a Field player. Result of doing so is loss of possession with an indirect free kick from center line. The Keeper Punt & Drop Kick Restriction Rule Will Not apply in 11 v 11 Soccer.
- In 8 v 8 & 9 v 9 Leagues, the "buffer zone" for all free kicks between the kicker and defenders will be 8 yards rather than 10.
- In all 8 v 8 Adult Leagues, the offside rule will Not be enforced. Poaching will Not be allowed. Poaching is defined as any pass coming from inside the defensive penalty box (18 yard line extended to both touch lines) with a first touch by a teammate inside the top of the offensive penalty box line extended. Result of this infraction is a goal kick for the opposing Team.
- In all 8 v 8 Adult & High School Girls Leagues, kickoffs, corner kicks and fouls that are whistled (except for Penalty kicks v the Keeper) will be indirect kicks (2 touch).
- In all 8 v 8 Adult & High School Girls Leagues, No slide tackles are allowed. Keeper is exempt from this sliding Rule only if they are trying to make a save on the ball.
- In all Adult Leagues, Free Substitutions are allowed from the center of the Field. A player that has been “subbed out” but is still on the field may Not play the ball. Result of doing so is an indirect free kick from that spot for the opposing team.
- In High School Girls 8 v 8 Leagues, off sides Will be called.
- In High School Girls 8 v 8, a player will Not be allowed to physically dominate another player.
- In all 8 v 8, 9 v 9 & 11 v 11 Leagues, goal kicks will be taken from the goal box and the Teams will change direction at half.
- In 8 v 8 Adult Coed, there must be at least 3 females on the field at all times.
VII. Ball Size
U12 and Younger = Size 4 Balls
U13 and older = Size 5 Balls
VIII. Referee Judgments
A referee’s judgment call made on the field will stand and cannot be protested! All parental protests must be made through the COACH. A rules interpretation protest may be made in writing by the coach of either team within 24 hours of the completion of the protested game and turned in to the office with a $50.00 cash protest fee. If your protest is upheld, the fee will be returned. The protest must cite the FIFA law and/rule(s) of competition violated. The decision reached by Genesee Fieldhouse will be final. Our goal is to minimize the confusion that comes from multiple individual complaints – Please Make Your Parents Aware! We are here to help, not to be a court of law on every individual call.
- League Points and Tie-Breakers
Each team will receive three points for a win. Teams that tie will each receive one point. Teams will receive zero points for a loss. Any forfeited game will be scored 1 - 0. When there is a tie in a league, the champion will be determined by:
- Over-all Record
- Least amount of Goals Allowed
- Largest positive Goal Differential
- Most Goals Scored
- Coin toss, if all above scenarios do not determine a winner.
- Misc. All rules may be amended as needed. We will provide you with any changes that may arise throughout the season.